[Eductaional Content] 📚 Read the thread down below btc education crypto
1. A data set containing the open, high, low, and close values for each time you choose to display is required in order to generate a candlestick chart. "The body" (sometimes known as "the real body") refers to the hollow or filled component of the candlestick
2. The high/low range is represented by the long, thin lines above and below the body, which are referred to as "shadows" (sometimes termed "wicks" and "tails").
3. The top of the upper shadow designates the high, and the bottom of the lower shadow designates the low. A hollow candlestick is drawn with the bottom of the body indicating the opening price.
4. The top of the body representing the closing price if the stock closes higher than its opening price.
5. A filled candlestick is drawn with the top of the body indicating the opening price and the bottom of the body representing the closing price if the stock closes lower than its opening price.This post is based on this twitter thread.